Outlook how to send

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, Oct 16, 2019.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello
    Under ispconfig, because I have the case at the moment with one of my clients, how to send messages without this lands in junk mail folder.
    Thank you for your help
    mz

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Do you have any idea why it lands in junk mail folder? Usually the full headers of e-mail show why it was deemed spam.
    Is this about sending from e-mail server you maintain with ISPConfig and message ending in junk folder at the recipient? In this case you can use https://www.mail-tester.com/ to Test the Spammyness of your Emails.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The answer is not related to the email program, so it does not matter if you use Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple mail or whatever client. If an email ends up in spam or not depends on many factors that have been discussed here in the forum regularly. These are:

1) Correct reverse DNS setup of the server IP.
    2) Correct SPF setup.
    3) Correct DKIM setup.
    4) IP is not blacklisted, this includes internal blacklists from providers like google or Microsoft that you can't query yourself.
    5) Reputation of the IP.
    6) Reputation of the domain.
    7) Content of the email that is sent.

4. misterm

Hello
    And how you do the test with mail tester, because now, after 10 uses you have to pay to continue the tests...

5. misterm

You know where I can see if it's blacklister, do you know the urls

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can check here for blacklistings:

https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

But as mentioned above, these are only the public ones and not the internal ones of large hosters, so when email sending e.g. to gmail or microsoft services like outlook.com fails, then the address might be on an internal blacklist. Microsoft provides also a complaint form for email problems.

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I test it once per e-mail server. I assumed you have only one e-mail server, if you have more than 10 you could test a few and set up the rest in the same correct way.

8. misterm

Hello
    How to undo this:
    I know we have to add something in postfix, but I don't remember it.
    Other things, I did a check with Senderscore, he tells me this
    Or do I have to modify these errors in Postfix?
    Thank you for your help, it's important.
    Mz

9. misterm