Own Error-Documents name change maybe?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Brett Wilton, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Brett Wilton

Brett Wilton Member

Hey Guys,

Just had a suggestion for the "Own Error-Documents" label in ISPConfig to something like "Default Error-Documents" or "Internal Error-Documents".

I was just figuring out why the error_page 400 /error/400.html; etc lines were in the nginx vhost files, I had figured this out before but had forgotten the logic.

My reading was "Own" meaning the framework installed in the web directory had its Own error pages defined.

Was just thinking the label was not clear that having it ticked does not mean you have your Own error logic sorted, possibly its just my thinking and was just a suggestion ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

For me, the term 'Default error documents' would refer to the ones from Nginx, which is the opposite of what this option does. But we can rename it if some more users vote for it.

3. Brett Wilton

Brett Wilton Member

Yep just thought I'd mention it as I struck it twice now, always hard to figure how others view it.

I had looked at the ispconfig manual which didn't make it overly clear. May its just as simple as explaining in the manual that it relates to nginx (I assume apache) vhost entries e.g. error_page 400 etc lines.

Juky likes this.
  4. BobGeorge

BobGeorge Member

"Custom Error Documents", perhaps?