ownCloud update problem - Debian 8.7, ISPConfig 3.1.1p1 (Apache), ownCloud 9.0.4 (stable)

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by inside83, Jan 18, 2017.

1. inside83

inside83 Member

Hello!
    I have an issue with updating ownCloud from ownCloud 9.0.4 (stable) to ownCloud 9.0.6 on ISPConfig 3.1.1p1 (Apache), Debian 8.7.
    On admin page it says 'A new version is available: ownCloud 9.0.6', and when I click on 'Open updater' I get
    Code:
     [UnexpectedValueException]
    Could not parse a response for config:list. Please check if the current shell user can run occ command. Raw output:
    Not allowed 
    2017-01-18 21_50_40.png
    What to do?
    Do I need to add some new Shell User via ISPConfig's interface?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This can not refer to a shell user account in ISPConfig, I guess the error message means that php was not able to execute a command. Did you google for this error, maybe it requires some specific php.ini settings or you disabled e.g. exec for the website in php and this script uses it. You should also check the error.log of the website for the matchng php error.

3. inside83

inside83 Member

I can see this in the website's error log
    Code:
    [Thu Jan 19 15:05:13.409638 2017] [authz_core:error] [pid 17107] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:58955] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /var/www/MY.OWNCLOUD.com/web/data/htaccesstest.txt
    A haven't done any changes in the php.
    These are my 'Custom php.ini settings'
    Code:
    always_populate_raw_post_data = -1 
    and 'Apache Directives'
    Code:
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
    RewriteRule ^.*$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R]
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
          Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload"
        </IfModule>

4. inside83

inside83 Member

Any thoughts on this?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You might have to ask the owncloud developers what this error message in their software means and how to solve it or you try a different method to update owncloud, I guess it can be updated on the shell as well? The message from website error.log is probably not related to the update issue.

6. inside83

inside83 Member

I updated it manually, thank you.