Packages not installing

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by BobGeorge, Mar 29, 2018.

1. BobGeorge

BobGeorge Member

I've upgraded ISPConfig to 3.1.11 and now that I'm trying to install a package - Wordpress - to a new website, it's not working.

Specifically, I fill out the details and click "install", but nothing happens. There isn't any red pulsing number at the top of the screen. It's apparently not even trying to install the package.

So, clearly, there's some sort of error that's making it quit the installation before it's even began, but without any sort of error messages informing me of what's gone wrong, this is all a bit useless.

Help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Any errors in the global apache error.log file when you try to install the package? Or any js error wheen you click on install (use developer console in the browser)?

3. BobGeorge

BobGeorge Member

I did some more investigating and there were a few issues with the configuration. I've got it back up and running now.

One thing, though, is that I've updated Apache to a newer version - in order to provide HTTP/2, as the Apache in the official Ubuntu repositories doesn't provide mod_http2 - and they seem to have changed the syntax a little. Or, at least, that which was previously a warning has now become an error.

Specifically, ISPConfig puts "listen 8081" at the top of the vhost file for the "apps.vhost". But this is now deemed illegal to have both the "listen" directive and to have the port number in the vhost too.

So, as this is now an error, Apache was failing on restart.

I manually corrected it by commenting out the offending "listen" directive. But I guess I need to fix it more permanently, as ISPConfig could restore that "apps.vhost", restart Apache and it'll error again.

One can put custom configurations in the "conf-custom" directory, yes? I guess I can copy the default configuration to the custom directory and make the necessary changes?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

But the listen directive is not in the vhost, it's outside of the vhost. just in the same file. And the file should not matter as you could have all config in apache2.conf incl. vhosts. So my guess is that there is a different problem and not that this line is in that file.

yes