panel doesn't create co-domain files

Discussion in 'General' started by jorizzzz, Mar 1, 2008.

1. jorizzzz

jorizzzz New Member

I've got a strange problem that didn't occour before...

When i create a new co-domain using the DNS editor, it correctly appears in the GUI list but the bind9 file is never created...

For example, i've created a co-domain called testdomain.com in my DNS editor. It correctly appears in the ISPConfig list but it never appears in the /etc/bind/ directory among the other domains...

But when i create a new site on my server, it does create a file in the /etc/bind directory containing the right information...

it seems like the slave button isn't doing what it is supposed to do.. Could anybody please help me?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What do you mean with "slave button"?
    Are you sure that the Co-Domain doesn't belong to an already existing zone and is therefore created in that zone?

3. jorizzzz

jorizzzz New Member

What i'm trying to do is the following:

I'm going to DNS manager, there i can choose between New Master and New Slave.

When i press the new slave button and fill out all of the requirements, the slave entry is nicely added to the panel. However, the slave is never created for BIND9.

For example, i add a slave domain called testdomain.com to my DNS manager. But the file sec.testdomain.com is never created in /etc/bind and my DNS server doesn't know about the domain.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The files for the slaves are created by bind and not ispconfig. Bind is getting the data for the slave records directly from the primary nameserver via zone transfer. Please have a look in the bind logfile for errors.

5. jorizzzz

jorizzzz New Member

Ok i've found the error. The time & date wasn't in sync between the two servers, that's why bind refused to get the proper information from the master.

Thanks for the support!