panel domain

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Stirrez, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Stirrez

Stirrez New Member

Hello,

My issue is this: If have setup a ispconfig 3.1 for my server and after that i changed self-signed ssl to ispconfig created domain with let's encrypt.
    But because ispconfig install is designed to work on all domains, i get stupid ssl warning because of the domain not matching the certificate.

So if my intended ispconfig domain is server1.example.com:8080. Then i type server2.example.com:8080, which points to same ip. It's shows ssl warning(offcourse).

Is there any way make ispconfig panel reachable only to server1.example.com domain and all other domains pointing same ip and port 8080 would be either redirected to server1.example.com:8080 or redirect to main domain with standard port at example.com ?

Allso, is there anyway to make ssl cerficate permanent, when upgrading ispconfig itself?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In apache (nginx may be different), if you add "ServerName server1.example.com" to the port 8080 vhost it will only match that name if you also create another vhost section which is read earlier (eg. earlier in the .vhost file); you could then have the default (ie. the first) vhost redirect somewhere. You will still get an ssl error though if the certificate served by the default vhost does not match the name you are connecting to.