Panel saves something when going to other tab

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Taleman, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have often noticed ISPConfig saves something when I go to a website Domain tab in Panel and change to another tab. Without touching the settings in the first tab at all.
    What is being saved? I have assumed ISPConfig has some new default and changes that when I happen to go to a website that has old values. But it would be nice to know if some setting is changed.
    What happened today may be related. Client called a newly installed CMS does not work. I looked at the website setting, and PHP was disabled since that website up to today was only HTML and CMS files. I turned on PHP and set PHP mode and version, the CMS started working.
    But later when client himself used the Panel, the PHP was turned off and client could not turn it back. I understand that if ISPConfig admin turns PHP off client can not turn it on, but why did PHP get turned off by itself? I went back and turned PHP on again, but is this going to happen every time client uses Panel to do something with the website?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig in git-stable branch contains a datalog viewer (Monitor > Show Datalog History) which you can use to view the diff of a config transaction.

The client can not turn it on itself when the website has been created by the admin or when PHP is not allowed for him in client limits.

No. Unless you disallowed PHP or this PHP mode for the client, please take a look at the client settings.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Here a screenshot of the new datalog viewer, which provides also a undo function.

Attached Files:

Jesse Norell likes this.
  4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

PHP was disabled in client settings. I did not think to look it there.
    Thanks, I believe this turning of PHP will not happen again now.