PANIC: All Owners/Groups/Rights were changed

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by oxxmoxx, Dec 30, 2006.

1. oxxmoxx

oxxmoxx New Member

Hi,

I have a big problem: This morning my Apache (apache2, debian, php4, mysql, ispconfig) was gone away. Ok, restart and the apache works. After this, I have checked some things and I have seen the horror:

Alle webs incl. all files get the same group-id and the same owner (www-data):
    [...]
    drwxrwxr-x 8 www-data 186 4096 2006-11-22 21:30 web45
    drwxrwxr-x 8 www-data 186 4096 2006-12-21 14:32 web46
    drwxrwxr-x 8 www-data 186 4096 2006-11-23 04:02 web47
    [...]

The ID 186 belongs to a web. After deleting this web all webs get the id 10186.

[...]
    drwxrwxr-x 8 www-data 10186 4096 2006-11-22 21:30 web45
    drwxrwxr-x 8 www-data 10186 4096 2006-12-21 14:32 web46
    drwxrwxr-x 8 www-data 10186 4096 2006-11-23 04:02 web47
    [...]

Alle files get the rights 755. The webs will work (http), but with ftp you get wrong user permissions, uploads doesn't work and mails dosn't reach the recipients (suspicious .procmail, wrong user persmissions).

Now, I try something: After deleting and new adding the adminuser of the web you will get the right owners of the web, not at all files but at the most. After deleting and new adding the mailuser all users works fine again.

Have anybody a hint what could be happened (I checked a part of the logfiles but at the momnet I can't find nothing for help) and how to turn back to the right users, right ids an right rights? But I fear now its the time to test the restore of the backup, or isnt it?

In hope on your answers

Alex ... is desperation ...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check the ISPConfig logfile /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/ispconfig.log for any activitay arounfd the time where you expect that this happened.

3. oxxmoxx

oxxmoxx New Member

Hi Till,

thanks for your answer. The last hours were passed with restoring the server, so I have seen your answer at this moment. I have now all logfiles on my desktop. But now, I go to bed for sleeping till next year ;) ... In my next free moments I will check the logfiles and get a report back to you.

Thanks & Greetz
    Alex

4. oxxmoxx

oxxmoxx New Member

Today, we found by accident the following workaround: Deleting the web, restoring the web from recycle bin --> the IDs will be set correct, mail with all users works fine again. Only the file rights will not set back to the right settings. Thats for the moment ... The logfile report will follow ...

Happy new year :)