(Partly kind of security bug) Mail: SendAs Permisison for redirects and aliases but not for everyone

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by dark alex, Jan 19, 2016.

1. dark alex

dark alex New Member

Hi
    the database table mail_forwarding holds redirects as well as aliases.
    1st: Of course users should not be able to send mails using other one's mail adress but aliases should allow the user to send as that mail adress by default. This is a simple security/bugfix.
    2nd: I would love to be able to set things so I can allow a user who is a redirection target to also send as that mail adress.
    Example: [email protected] is redirected to usera@ and [email protected] so usera and userb should be able to answer that email and send answer "from" info@
    That is not possible now (after fixing 1st) but could be easily implemented by adding a checkbox to "new redirect" dialog.

For 1st request I changed my config as follows:
    /etc/postfix/main.cf:
    Code:
    [...]
    smtpd_sender_login_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-sender_login_map.cf
    [...]

/etc/postfix/mysql-sender_login_map.cf:
    Code:
    user = ispconfig
    password = blahblah
    dbname = ispconfig
    table = mail_user
    select_field = email
    where_field = login
    hosts = 127.0.0.1
    additional_conditions = and disablesmtp = 'n' union select source as email from mail_forwarding where destination = '%u' and active = 'y' and type = 'alias'

2nd point could be a filed in database called "send_as" (could then also be implemented for aliases as well but should be checked by default for aliases) and we could adapt the config as I wrote above:
    Code:
    user = ispconfig
    password = blahblah
    dbname = ispconfig
    table = mail_user
    select_field = email
    where_field = login
    hosts = 127.0.0.1
    additional_conditions = and disablesmtp = 'n' union select source as email from mail_forwarding where destination = '%u' and active = 'y' and send_as = 'Y'

Note: If I remember correctly ISPC does not setup login maps AT ALL by default so EVERYONE having an email account could send as ANYONE else without limits.
    furthermore there are no security contstraints limiting sending mails if you setup webs on the mailserver btw... (In my opinion that should at least be marked as not recommended during setup)

2. dark alex

dark alex New Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    till likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please make a merge request against the master branch in the gitlab interface so we can check it.

4. dark alex

dark alex New Member

I am not allowed to do so (button is missing)

my login: darkalex (guess I just need the permission)

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are you sure that you submit against master branch? Each user is allowed to do merge requests against the master.

6. dark alex

dark alex New Member

//EDIT

Damned... I found out how to do it...
    It's a bit complicated for one who is used to SVN and not git at all yet :)