Passwords and Dns

Discussion in 'General' started by scandal32, May 6, 2009.

1. scandal32

scandal32 New Member

Hi

I know there are encrypted passwords in ISP but I also HAVE TO have a table with unencrypted (plain) passwords. I can write a script to do it but where should I put it in ISP source? Can anybody help?

Another thing is that ISP sems to be PDC (primary DNS controller). I have clients that uses my dns server as a slave dns. Can I configure my ISPConfig for that clients to be secondary one?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is configured as primary and secondary dns server, there ahs nothing to be configured. Just add the domain records either as slaves or master zones.

For the passwords, take a look at the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_user.lib.php

3. scandal32

scandal32 New Member

Thanks a lot. The point of DNS is that I can't find option SLAVE/MASTER to choose when adding domain. I'd like to add SLAVE and give it MASTER address to SLAVE can get info from it.

4. till

There are two big buttons in the upper navigation, one of them is named slave. If you were able yto add a mster record you must have seen it, it is directl
    y beside the master button ;)

5. scandal32

scandal32 New Member

I've got 3.0.1.1 version. W
    A have "Add New DNS zone (SOA)" in DNS panel and no MSTER/SLAVE choice. Maby my version is wrong?

6. till

You posted here in the ISPConfig 2 Forum, so your post is in the wrong forum which means that you get the wrong answers to your questions as ISPConfig 2 is a completely different software then ispconfig 3 and ISPConfig 2 has a option for slave records. In ISPConfig 3 there is no such option.

7. scandal32

scandal32 New Member

My mistake. Sorry for that. Thanks again. Is that mean that ISP2 is better? Shold I change to 2 from 3?

8. till

Neither ISPConfig 2 nor 3 is better. They are completely different software systenms with a different focus on services, multiserver etc.