PB to download and extract purchased Migration Tool Kit

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Keoz, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Keoz

Keoz Member

Hello,

I purchased the Migration Tool Kit and was following instructions from this tutorial :
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...-confixx-plesk-to-ispconfig-31-single-server/

I was at step to DOWNLOAD AND EXTRACT THE MIGRATION TOOL on target server, before to publish this thread.
    The reason why is that I decided not to go further on before to know if I should consider as failure the lines here bellow that were displayed on my PC terminal in return of command : root@vpsNUMBER:~# tar xzf migtool.tar.gz :

tar (child): migtool.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

I pursue with, and stopped right after this next command line instruction :
    root@vpsNUMBER:~# rm -f migtool.tar.gz
    root@vpsNUMBER:~# (nothing was displayed)

What am I supposed to understand and to do ???

Regards

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Seems as if the download failed on your server or you missed executing one of the commands from the tutorial. I just tested the commands and they are ok:

Code:
    cd /root
    mkdir migration
    cd migration
    wget https://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ispconfig_migration_toolkit-latest.zip
    unzip ispconfig_migration_toolkit-latest.zip
    mv ispconfig_migration_toolkit/ispc3-migration-tool-*.tar.gz /root/migration/migtool.tar.gz
    tar xzf migtool.tar.gz
    rm -f migtool.tar.gz

3. Keoz

Keoz Member

By the way, maybe that on my side the download of the MTK means to upload it from my PC desk to my remote server (FTP) !
    I this make sens, may I unzip MTK file on my PC and then upload its content, or should I keep the file unziped... ?
    Where on my server should the MTK be located, and once it's done could the extraction be considered as achieved ?

4. till

There is no need to upload anything from your PC, just run the commands as shown in the tutorial on your old server (the one that shall be migrated) as root user, the command contain already the paths where the toolkit is stored and executed. The commands download the current Migration Toolkit version.

Uploading from your PC is possible as well with an scp client as root user, but that's more complicated. so better stick toi the instructions and run the commands on your server which do all the required steps.

5. Keoz

Keoz Member

Oops !
    I was working on the target server instead of the source server... !
    Hope that there won't be conflict or bug if MTK is partly installed on target server (by mistaking), and installed as well on the source server...!?

6. till

That's no problem. Actually, the tool does not get installed, you just put it on the server, unpack it and then start it.

7. Keoz

Keoz Member

Hello,

Prior to go further on the migration, I made a backup of my contents (web and db) ; and then clicked to download these on my PC desktop, BUT IT DOES NOT WORK !?

Unlike all others files downloaded from the web..., none signal to signifie that the download is running !
    Unlike all others files downloaded from the web..., the backup is not listed in my download history page !
    Unlike..., the backup file “db_c1epesi...“ and “web10_2018-09-12...“ did not load inside my PC download directory !
    I can't even find these files using the files search script on ma Mac

Any idea why ?

8. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Clicked on what?

9. Keoz

Keoz Member

In my ISP Config panel, after I selected one my website and clicked the “Backup“ I can see the web-backup and the db-backup fiiles listed, and for each one of the different button options :

• Restore backup
    • Download backup
    • Delete backup

When I click on the “Download backup“ button, the page scrolls on it own to the top, and the situtation keep unchanged in regards of my previous post (the download fails) !???

10. Keoz

Keoz Member

Done !
    The files were loaded on ISP Config server, in the backup directory (and not on my PC desktop) !

Thank U Tiil, and Taleman,

Regards,