pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

Discussion in 'General' started by vilhena, Apr 30, 2012.

1. vilhena

vilhena New Member

Hello.

I'm running ISPConfig on a Red Hat 6 64 bits.

I have a master server (ftp and webserver), a slave (webserver) and a database server, all of them are part of the ISPConfig multiserver configuration.

I have this configuration running since 2 months ago. I have 36 websites and 14 clients.

Since last friday after creating a new client and a new website, when I try to access it (through the browser)I get this error:
    "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    "

In the log file, I see this: (13)Permission denied: /var/www/website-name.mydomain/web/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

It's all good with the .htaccess file, all the permissions are correct (at least they are the same as the other working websites).

The strange thing is that, this only happens if I configure the website with the last client I created.

If I change the client to an older one the error disappears.

I just don't understand what's going on, can anyone give me a hand please?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
    Vilhena

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the output of
    Code:
    ls -la /var/www/website-name.mydomain/web/
    ?

3. vilhena

vilhena New Member

The problem here is related to the NFS filesystem share properties. The /var/www/... is a NFS share, and there is a limitation to the number (16) of users that belong to the same group. In my case in specific, the apache group had 17 users. That's why this wasn't working.

Thanks for the answer, and sorry for the late reply!

Best regards,
    Vilhena