Peculier issue afer update and upgrade to 3.0.1.3

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by archerjd, Sep 4, 2009.

1. archerjd

archerjd ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I just updated Debian 5.0 and upgraded ISPC3 3.0.1.1 to 3.0.1.3.
    After the update/upgrade when I modify a website, occasionally the cron job for /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh will hang. When this happens each new instance of server.php opens a mysql connection and then waits for the previous instance to die. Well since it didn't neither did each new instance and so tied up all available mysql connections. :eek: If all connections to MySQL are tied up then no one can login for email, ftp, websites (including ISPConfig) until the process were stopped and the lock file was removed.

You know... it just occurred to me that when I was searching the log files I came across an error where server.php segfaulted thereby leaving the lockfile. Is this what would happen if the lockfile was never removed?
    If this is so, could we record the PID in the lockfile and then check the for the PID?

Let's say that the PID is no longer running then update the lockfile with the new PID and then remove when complete.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The latest ispconfig release is 3.0.1.4 were this problem has been adressed.