Per user or domain spam rules?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by rob_morin, Feb 8, 2016.

1. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

Forgive if this is documented somewhere, but I cannot seem to find what i would like to do...
    I would like to have a spam filter file/rules for a certain email address/user or per domain... as some custom rules i make are too aggressive for some domain emails, so i want to make one for certain domain or users..

IE: My wife gets lots of spam for some dumb reason that no one else gets, so i added some funky rules, that for other clients , deletes there emails, due to them send stupid **** emails to each other.... so i wanted these rules i wrote to only be applied to one email address or one domain.

Is this possible?

Thanks...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can set spamfilter policies on domain and email user level. the spam filter policy defines the score (level) when a email gets filtered as spam. So you can just create a policy for you and another one for your wife with different "spam tag 2" levels, thats the level that marks a email as spam in the header and subject.

3. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

Ok, cool, i understand that, but i need to create spam rules(not policies?) that will only be used or assigned to one domain or one user. I do not want to change the level of tagging or discarding.

IE i want to add the below rule;
    header LOCAL_PAULA_RULE19 Subject =~ /cum on my/i
    score LOCAL_PAULA_RULE19 10
    describe LOCAL_PAULA_RULE19

But i want this rule to apply only to one domain or one email user not everyone on the system. Right now i have these rules active in local.cf, but some clients are sending legit emails that marked as spam with that rule when they are not spam as an example.

The above rule gets spam headed for my wife's email very well, but messes up other's email.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I don't think that you can set additional SpamAssassin rules on a per policy basis in amavisd.

5. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

Ok, thanks for your quick reply...