Perfect Install - Ubuntu 6.06 - unable to locate packages

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Bozoman, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Bozoman

Bozoman New Member

Is anyone else running into this. The files that apt-get have been unable to find so far are
    ncftp
    php5-imap
    php5-mcrypt
    php5-pspell
    proftpd

I’m sure that like the ncftp is I open a web browser and manually search archive.ubuntu.com I can find them, but I can’t get apt-get to install them

SOLVED I ran apt-get update then apt-upgrade then the proftpd package was available.
    Don't know what that does, but it worked for proftpd

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

apt-get update updates your local database of available packages. You must run this whenever you change /etc/apt/sources.list so that the system knows what packages are available.

3. wvsailor

wvsailor New Member

ubuntu 6.06 E: Couldn't find package php5-imap

I tried "apt-get update" as you suggested above, but when I went back and tried:
    apt-get install php5-imap php5-mcrypt php5-pspell
    I still received the "Couldn't find package" error listed in Step 13 of the perfect install.
    Any suggestions? I don't want to continue since I'm such a noob, I'm afriad I'll mess something up!
    Thanks!

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to uncomment the multiverse and universe repositorys in your /etc/apt/sources.list and then run apt-get update again.

5. wvsailor

wvsailor New Member

Thank you!

Thank you Till! That fixed the problem with one server that I'm operating. I'm going to search the forums before I post the question about the second! :D