Perfect Server 8.10+ispconfig2 I reset mysql pass and cannot access ispconfig

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by bob808, Jun 16, 2009.

1. bob808

bob808 New Member

I forgot the password for mysql and I had to reset it. Now when I point my browser to Ispconfig admin page, i get the login screen,fill in user and pass then when i click enter i get the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:77) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 62

What shall I do to regain acces to Ispconfig panel?

2. bob808

bob808 New Member

Anyone please? It is kinda urgent.

3. bob808

bob808 New Member

solved. I changed it in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php
    Now it works perfect.

4. ekkis

ekkis New Member

for anyone else struggling with this (I made the same mistake), in the ispconfig schema of your mysql instance there is a table named sys_user. in this table there is a row for the "admin" account used to log into the ISPConfig2 thingy. you can set the password for it manually with an update statement - just remember to encrypt it using PASSWORD().