Perfect server automated server Debian 10-11

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by tegazinho, Jan 1, 2022.

1. tegazinho

tegazinho Member

Trying to install ispconfig on a complete new server with debian 11, hostname is correctly set to biocrumb.pt

Code:
    root@biocrumb:~# cat /etc/hosts
    127.0.0.1       localhost
    ::1             localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
    ff02::1         ip6-allnodes
    ff02::2         ip6-allrouters

# Auto-generated hostname. Please do not remove this comment.
    185.53.128.24 biocrumb.pt biocrumb
    root@biocrumb:~#

Code:
    root@biocrumb:~# hostname -f
    biocrumb.pt
    root@biocrumb:~#

And when I try to install through the script I get this error:
    Code:
    [INFO] Checking hostname.
    [ERROR] The host name biocrumb.pt of your server is no fully qualified domain name (xyz.domain.com). Please check it is correctly set. (/lib/os/class.ISPConfigDebianOS.inc.php:590)
    [ERROR] Exception occured: ISPConfigOSException -> Host name is no FQDN. (/ispconfig.ai.php:15)

What am I doing wrong?

2. tegazinho

tegazinho Member

(And I just noticed I post this in wrong section of the forum, so I appologize for that)

Scratch everything on the OP, I created a subdomain like it was asked, now I have another issue, install is not succeed.
    I used the command (no-quota because it also was giving me an error, but since I don't need it is ok, but FTP I need)
    Code:
     wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --no-quota --debug 
    after installing a bunch of packages when it gets to install pure-ftpd I get this error and the installation of ISPconfig stops there (I reintalled debian just in case after the first time I got the quota error, so once again completely new server):
    Code:
    [INFO] Installing packages pure-ftpd-common, pure-ftpd-mysql, awstats, goaccess, awffull
    [ERROR] Exception occured: ISPConfigOSException -> Installing packages failed. (/ispconfig.ai.php:15)
    root@web:~#

EDIT: found the solution install update-inetd before runing the script fixes the issues for pure-ftpd

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    Th0m likes this.
  3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

4. tegazinho

tegazinho Member

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If they really run OpenVZ, that's weird... Afaik the project is dead...