Perfect Server Debian Lenny

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by jcombs_31, Feb 17, 2009.

1. jcombs_31

jcombs_31 New Member

Any reason this was written for ISPconfig 2 and not 3? I know there is an install guide on the ispconfig website and in the downloaded files, but the perfect server guides seem to go into more detail about some configurations while the install guide for ispconfig3 just seems to install everything without any configurations.

I guess my next question is when/will a perfect server guide be written for ispconfig3?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no final of ISPConfig released yet, the tutorials for ISPConfig 3 will be released for the final version of ispconfig 3. ISPConfig 2 is still the only stable version of ispconfig which is released and it is recommeded for production systems.

3. jcombs_31

jcombs_31 New Member

I see, but for the sake of argument, won't the process be the same from the current release to the final release, as far as installing the base system and even the ispconfig install?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Did this on Monday. I'll release it in the next days. :)

(BTW, the setups for ISPConfig 2 and 3 differ a lot, so don't use the "Perfect Server for ISPConfig 2" if you want to install ISPConfig 3.)