Perfect Server Ubuntu 10.04 webmail issue

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by sidcypher, May 4, 2011.

1. sidcypher

sidcypher New Member

First off I have a semi newbie level of linux knowledge, and google tends to be my freind...

I have been playing with a few distro's on my main server after getting a backup server running to handle the email for 2 domains..

One thing I wasn't able to fix is on my backup server... when I went through the Perfect Server Ubuntu 10.04 (w/squirrelmail) the webmail was
    Code:
    www.example.com:8080/webmail
    that wasn't an issue as it is for temporary measures for a couple days..

Now that my main server is up and running with a mix of Perfect Server Debian Squeeze (fail2ban plugin's) / Expanding Perfect Server Debian Squeeze (roundcube) / Ubuntu Perfect Server 10.04 for the rest... When I went through Perfect Squeeze it was just
    Code:
    www.example.com/webmail
    However with just Ubuntu Perfect is was :8080/webmail and now with this mix it is :8080/webmail

What I would like is just /webmail so I wouldn't have to port forward :8080 for outside access... the other domain's owner does use webmail a lot due to traveling w/o laptop..

2 years ago I went through the Perfect Server Ubuntu at that time.. and it has hosted that domain just fine with /webmail...

Searched all over this forum, google, webmail, roundcube, squirrelmail sites, I guess I am not searching for the right keywords.

Any conf's, log's you need me to post or commands to run just let me know.. I will be monitoring this post for many hours to come while migrating the guys website from one CMS to another... fun fun....

**Edit**
    All the stuff needing install via the wget and all that, like jailkit and ispconfig was done using the most recent version numbers from those respective sites. Anything that is a package install was done copy and paste style. (Ubuntu needs to update the ClamAV engine package!)

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff