Perfect Server Ubuntu 14.04 and Using multiple PHP versions

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by wowakan, May 19, 2014.

1. wowakan

wowakan New Member

Using the Howto for Ubuntu 14.04 where would I stop in order to start to add Using multiple PHP versions. I think I see where I would start back using Ubuntu 14.04 but please add it also.

Thank you in advance.

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi

Please use the URL

3. wowakan

wowakan New Member

where to stop and start

In the Howto for Unbuntu 14.04 you have

14. Install Apache2, PHP5, phpMyAdmin, FCGI, suExec, Pear, And mcrypt

Apache2, PHP5, phpMyAdmin, FCGI, suExec, Pear, and mcrypt can be installed as follows:

apt-get install apache2 apache2-doc apache2-utils libapache2-mod-php5 php5 php5-common php5-gd php5-mysql php5-imap phpmyadmin php5-cli php5-cgi libapache2-mod-fcgid apache2-suexec php-pear php-auth php5-mcrypt mcrypt php5-imagick imagemagick libapache2-mod-suphp libruby libapache2-mod-python php5-curl php5-intl php5-memcache php5-memcached php5-ming php5-ps php5-pspell php5-recode php5-snmp php5-sqlite php5-tidy php5-xmlrpc php5-xsl memcached

I see this is where they install php5. Do I just not install anything that has php5 and then move over to the multi-php install. After which point I would pick back up with the Ubuntu 14.04 with step 15.

That being the question I asked.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The multi php install and perfect server are 2 separate things. the perfect server and the php version installed in it are the base requirement for the multiphp install. so just follow the complete perfect server guide and install ispconfig and then install additional php versions. the additional php versions are additional, they do not replace the system php.

5. wowakan

wowakan New Member

ok great. I understand now.

Thank you so much.

I know it's off topic but is there a Howto on how to install Roundcube for Ubuntu 14.04?

Last edited: May 19, 2014