Perfect setup of ISP using Kanotix 2005-03 32-bit

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by nandhu, Feb 22, 2006.

1. nandhu

nandhu New Member

Hi Falko,

It would be great if you could make up a perfect setup tutorial for Kanotix 2005-03?

Currently I do have ISP setup running of Kanotix 2005-03 32-bit edition, but I actually followed the Debian 3.1 sarge tutorial. As such Kanotix is made of Debian sarge as I understand.

Thanks.

Nandhu.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you have to do any modifications to the tutorial to work on Kanotix?

3. nandhu

nandhu New Member

It was about 4/5 months ago when I installed it. To be more precise I installed the RC-11 of Kanotix of 2005-04 (before the final release).

I followed the debian perfect setup as Kanotix is based on Debian/Sid. The only thing I have to do very few apt-get links were not working straightaway as it is based on SID. So, have to hunt around the web to download them and install manually. Few I downloaded as RPM and then used rpm to apt and then installed, few I installed using the rpm straightaway.

That's why I was thinking if you could write one with correct procedure to install by taking care of the missing files, then it would be great. My method was hugely trail and error, but eventually got there and it is indeed working nicely.

I'm planning to do it again using 2005-04 final release, this time, I'll definitely make a note of files that are missing and will let you know.

Thanks.

Nandhu.