Perfect Setup OpenSuSE - how to add program?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by cheros, Apr 8, 2007.

1. cheros

cheros Guest

Hi,

I've set up a system with the Perfect Setup for OpenSuSE 10.2, and it works entirely as advertised :)

However, as it's for a mini office, it will also need to run LedgedSMB, a fork of SQL Ledger (an accounting package). It's installed in /usr/local/ledger-smb and the directory has been set to have the same user as the webserver (chown -R wwwrun:www{directory}).

After a long battle I have all the perl modules loaded the machine needs, PostgreSQL has created what it need to run - but it doesn't.

Attempting to access http://[I]myhost[/I]/ledger-smb/index.html results in a 403 (access forbidden), and the log file states:

==> /var/log/apache2/error_log <==
    [Sun Apr 08 18:01:27 2007] [error] [client 192.168.1.20] client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/ledger-smb/

I have an include file that adds (AFAIK) the right knowledge to apache (after it restarted), repeated below, but with no noticeable effect. Anyone? Could this be something that the ISPconfig package does?

Alias /ledger-smb /usr/local/ledger-smb

<Directory WORKING_DIR>
    AllowOverride All
    AddHandler cgi-script .pl
    Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from All
    <Files ~ "\.conf$">
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from All
    </Files>
    </Directory>

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Where did you add this? In a vhost created by ISPConfig, or in the main Apache configuration?

3. cheros

cheros Guest

Via an 'include' directive in the main Apache httpd.conf

I'd actually given up on the idea. I've just built a box with Fedora Core 6 which will first get the accounting system on (as that is what I absolutely need), then I'll change it step by step towards accepting ISPconfig and see if/where it breaks (naturally using your superb 'Perfect' guides although you named the FC6 one differently :)). IMHO they're a great series and deserve their own short link..

I had a brief look at Ubuntu server but I think for this purpose FC6 is fine (don't have the time to figure out where the controls are, maybe for another day).

The challenge is that it needs both a 'regular' webservice with aliased subdirectories as described AND what ISPconfig offers (but smaller scale). The aliased stuff may need to be moved to a different port (or maybe taken off the machine afterwards) but we need to start testing now or we'll run behind..

Lets' see where we get with LedgerSMB first - I'm no accountant but from a code perspective it seems to enjoy pretty vigorous attention and updates by the developers - IMHO always a good sign for a FOSS project..

Cheers - CH