Perfect Ubuntu 12.10 Server Facing Problem

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by DirtyTodd, Jan 13, 2013.

1. DirtyTodd

DirtyTodd New Member

I am facing a bit problem at the step where we are installing optional version of PHP

Code:
    Configure an build PHP 5.3.18 as follows (you can adjust the ./configure command to your needs, take a look at

./configure --help

to see all available options; if you use a different ./configure command, it is possible that additional libraries are required, or the build process will fail) - PHP-FPM and FastCGI are mutually exclusive in PHP 5.3, that's why I show two ways of building PHP 5.3, one for PHP-FPM, one for FastCGI, however you can compile PHP twice with both configuration options to get both:

14.3.1 PHP-FPM
    ./configure \
    --prefix=/opt/php-5.3.18 \
    --with-pdo-pgsql \
    --with-zlib-dir \
    --with-freetype-dir \
    --enable-fpm \
    --enable-mbstring \
    --with-libxml-dir=/usr \
    --enable-soap \
    --enable-calendar \
    --with-curl --with-mcrypt \
    --with-zlib \
    --with-gd \
    --with-pgsql \
    --disable-rpath \
    --enable-inline-optimization \
    --with-bz2 \
    --with-zlib \
    --enable-sockets \
    --enable-sysvsem \
    --enable-sysvshm \
    --enable-pcntl \
    --enable-mbregex \
    --with-mhash \
    --enable-zip \
    --with-pcre-regex \
    --with-mysql \
    --with-pdo-mysql \
    --with-mysqli \
    --with-jpeg-dir=/usr \
    --with-png-dir=/usr \
    --enable-gd-native-ttf \
    --with-openssl \
    --with-fpm-user=www-data \
    --with-fpm-group=www-data \
    --with-libdir=/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

make
    make install

Copy php.ini and php-fpm.conf (if you've compiled PHP with FPM) to the correct locations:

cp /usr/local/src/php5-build/php-5.3.18/php.ini-production /opt/php-5.3.18/lib/php.ini

cp /opt/php-5.3.18/etc/php-fpm.conf.default /opt/php-5.3.18/etc/php-fpm.conf

Open /opt/php-5.3.18/etc/php-fpm.conf and adjust the following settings - in the listen line you must use an unused port (e.g. 8999; port 9000 might be in use by Ubuntu's default PHP-FPM already), and you must add the line include=/opt/php-5.3.18/etc/pool.d/*.conf at the end:
    I am not able to .configure\

what exactly we have to do at this step.

Code:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-12.10-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-p4
    :( :confused:

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

It's ./configure, not .configure/.

3. shazlick

shazlick New Member

Hi, yes noob here aswell :( but trying to read up on the "make" "make install" build. if anyone here can point out some hints/help on how to use this command in the perfect server ubuntu 12.10.
    i google with "make install command" and now my head is spinning :confused:
    could it be something to do with ubuntu server 12.10 x86 i'm using, should this matter?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. TiTex

TiTex Member

i don't understand exactly what you're saying but those commands basically will do the same thing on every linux distribution
    ./configure - runs a script and checks if you have all the requirements to compile the software from source
    make - will compile the source ... create executables
    make install - will place the files (executables,config files,man pages,etc...) of the software in the right (standard) location if you didn't specified the locations yourself

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  5. nachwaal3ab

nachwaal3ab New Member

tank you tank you