Perfect Ubuntu setup not working for me

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Check, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Check

Check New Member

Quota setup on Perfect Ubuntu setup not working for me

I am completely new to linux...

Im going though "The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.10 Server (Edgy Eft)" and I'm on page four and everything so far I think I did correct the only thing I had any trouble with was set 8, I got the same error that someone posted about at the bottom of the page. So instead of the long command I did this:

apt-get install binutils cpp cpp-4.0 fetchmail flex gcc gcc-4.0 libarchive-zip-perl libc6-dev libcompress-zlib-perl libdb4.3-dev libpcre3 libpopt-dev lynx m4 make ncftp nmap openssl perl perl-modules unzip zip zlib1g-dev autoconf automake1.9 libtool bison autotools-dev g++

and

apt-get install linux-libc-dev

After that I went though step 9 until I get to:
    "mount -o remount /"

at that point im getting an error saying that:

"mount: / not mounted already, or bad option"

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

I'm really unsure of whats going on so any help would be very much appriciated.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Looks like you have a different partitioning scheme. Instaed of remounting the partition you can just reboot your server.

3. Check

Check New Member

Install packages

Was it ok that installed the packages that way? It look like everything was succesfull?

And when i set up the partitions i did them the same as the how to. Although his says scsi and mine is just an ide drive. but still its got 2 partitions, the main one and the swap one.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the output of
    Code:
    df -h
    , and what's in /etc/fstab?