Perfect Virtual Host Setup

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by darcypa, Oct 28, 2006.

1. darcypa

darcypa New Member

I have been trying to follow the 'The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Server (Dapper Drake)' and combining it with 'Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (+ SMTP-AUTH, Quota, SpamAssassin, ClamAV)'

I am using Ubuntu 6.06

My perfect system would be Ubuntu 6.06 + Postfix + Courier IMAP + MySQL + SASL + TLS + Amavisd-new + SpamAssassin + ClamAV + SquirrelMail + Postgrey + Proftp
    + Webmin, + Usermin + Virtualmin and PHPmyadmin for good measure.

I tried ISPConfig and DTC but did not work for my needs.

I keep running into conflicts between different HOWTO's regarding PHP4 or PHP5, or Posfix settings, or Mysql settings,

How can I tie this all together (newbee approch).

[email protected]

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

These two howtos use total different approcahes and do not work together.

3. WaveQam

WaveQam New Member

I know

I know these are dirrerent, thats why I can't seem to get where I going. My question was how do I get there.

WaveQam

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

As Till said it's impossible to use virtual Postfix users with the current ISPConfig version because ISPConfig uses system users instead.

5. WaveQam

WaveQam New Member

Thanx

Thanx for your reply falko, And thank-you for the great work you have done on these HOWTOs. For an inexperianced person like myself, I have found these to be very helpfull and educational.

With all the HOWTOs out there I did manage to kinda get one system working using virtualmin and Postfix with courier and MySQL. I just can't remember how I did it and I can't seem to replicate how I did it. Anyway - I will keep plugging away at it.

Keep up the excellent work!

WaveQam

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Always write it down (and make a tutorial of it :D ).