Permission denied (euid=5000(vmail) egid=5000(vmail) missing +w perm: /var/mail, euid is not dir own

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by einic yeo, Jun 2, 2017.

1. einic yeo

einic yeo New Member

Jun 2 23:08:37 fway dovecot: pop3-login: Login: user=<root@xxx。com>, method=PLAIN, rip=212.219.57.83, lip=192.168.51.21, mpid=3728, TLS
    Jun 2 23:08:37 fway dovecot: pop3(root@xxx。com): Error: user root@xxx。com: Initialization failed: Initializing mail storage from mail_location setting failed: mkdir(/var/mail/xxx。com/root) failed: Permission denied (euid=5000(vmail) egid=5000(vmail) missing +w perm: /var/mail, euid is not dir owner)
    Jun 2 23:08:37 fway dovecot: pop3(root@xxx。com): Error: Invalid user settings. Refer to server log for more information.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #Postfix installed, can not automatically generate var / mail, so manually create mail and sub-file directory (not to be correct)

[root@fway /]# ls -la /var/mail
    total 16
    drw-r--r--. 4 vmail vmail 4096 Jun 2 22:35 .
    drwxr-xr-x. 23 root root 4096 Jun 2 22:31 ..
    drwxr-xr-x. 2 vmail vmail 4096 Jun 2 22:35 mydomain。com
    lrwxrwxrwx. 1 vmail vmail 14 Jun 2 22:34 postfix -> /spool/postfix
    drwxr-xr-x. 2 vmail vmail 4096 Jun 2 22:31 vhosts
    =====================================================================
    Can anybody help me with this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is this an ISPConfig server? ISPConfig stores emails in /var/vmail and not /var/mail. Maybe you set the mail directory to /var/mail under system > server config, this can't work and needs to be changed back to /var/vmail. And why do you have a directory 'vhosts' there owned by the vmail user, ispconfig does not use such a directory. Maybe you had another panel installed before you installed ispconfig?

3. einic yeo

einic yeo New Member

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    no ISPConfig server。
    Is built centos+Apache+MySQL+postfix+dovecot+webmail,so is var/mail

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  4. till

Ok, so you posted in the wrong forum then. I'll move your post to the general Linux forum.

5. einic yeo

einic yeo New Member

I think you are big cow. Will be able to help me, right?

6. till

Try to run:

chmod g+w /var/mail/mydomain.com

7. einic yeo

einic yeo New Member

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jun 3 01:25:50 xxx dovecot: pop3-login: Login: user=<root@xxx。com>, method=PLAIN, rip=212.219.57.83, lip=192.168.51.21, mpid=4722, TLS
    Jun 3 01:25:50 xxx dovecot: pop3([email protected]): Error: chdir(/var/mail/xxx.com/root/) failed: Permission denied (euid=5000(vmail) egid=5000(vmail) missing +x perm: /var/mail, euid is not dir owner)
    Jun 3 01:25:50 xxx dovecot: pop3([email protected]): Error: chdir(/var/mail/xxx.com/root) failed: Permission denied
    Jun 3 01:25:50 xxx dovecot: pop3([email protected]): Error: user [email protected]: Initialization failed: Initializing mail storage from mail_location setting failed: stat(/var/mail/xxx.com/root) failed: Permission denied (euid=5000(vmail) egid=5000(vmail) missing +x perm: /var/mail, euid is not dir owner)
    Jun 3 01:25:50 xxx dovecot: pop3([email protected]): Error: Invalid user settings. Refer to server log for more information.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And nearly executed:chmod +x /var/mail/mydomain.com

8. till

The errors mention more paths where the execute bit has to be set.

9. einic yeo

einic yeo New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can see if you can provide remote assistance. I do not understand

10. till

The error message mentions that the execute bit on /var/mail is missing too. so run:

chmod +x /var/mail

Sotmlac likes this.
  11. einic yeo

einic yeo New Member

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jun 3 01:48:21 xxxdovecot: pop3-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=212.219.57.83, lip=192.168.51.21, mpid=5004, TLS
    Jun 3 01:48:21 xxxdovecot: pop3([email protected]): Error: user [email protected]: Initialization failed: Initializing mail storage from mail_location setting failed: mkdir(/var/mail/xxx.com/root) failed: Permission denied (euid=5000(vmail) egid=5000(vmail) missing +w perm: /var/mail, euid is not dir owner)
    Jun 3 01:48:21 xxxdovecot: pop3([email protected]): Error: Invalid user settings. Refer to server log for more information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seems to have returned to the early question

12. einic yeo

einic yeo New Member

============================================
    Can solve the law, whether to facilitate remote assistance, thank you

13. till

14. einic yeo

einic yeo New Member

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you so late for my patience to answer doubts, thank you. That is, you can not provide remote assistance and provide me with a way to find a solution. I also saw you a similar problem with the target of the post, only to find you. happy weekend!