Personalized banner

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by NdK, Apr 11, 2011.

1. NdK

NdK Member

Hi.

I think it could be useful to have the currently connected-to "instance" name (can't use server name since it's "not well defined" in a multi-server scenario) displayed between ISPConfig logo and "Logout".
    This way, who needs to have different panels open at the same time is less likely to issue the "right" command on the wrong site...
    An example could be a dual-cluster (production and developement) install: you don't want to publish your under-developement (and insecure) app on the production cluster, do you?

BYtE,
    Diego.

2. shikar

shikar Banned

thanks for sharing

3. vogelor

vogelor New Member

its almost there

why dont you use two different themes.
    i am using a grey theme for my "old" servers and a blue one for the new productive servers.

4. NdK

NdK Member

'cause I'd end up using a densimeter :)

Think about handling 3 different "clusters" (apps: here each app often have its own dev chain and its own servers), each with "dev", "test" and "prod" partitions: already 9 colours to remember, and nearly no hint for the new admins.

Themes could be useful to handle partitions (prod can be red-based, for "danger: think well before doing anything here!", test can be yellow-based and dev green-based), but an instance-specific message could be useful anyway (at least for daltonic or colour-blind admins).

5. vogelor

vogelor New Member

a theme is not only for changing colors

you can also enter ANY text you want at any position you want, so there is no problem adding a text "WARNING Productive-Server" wherever you want...

6. NdK

NdK Member

Then it would be a separate theme to maintain for every install...