PHP 7.1 on ISPconfig 3 / Ubuntu 14.04

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by unsichtbare, May 9, 2017.

1. unsichtbare

unsichtbare Member HowtoForge Supporter

I needed to add PHP 7.X to my ISPconfig 3 running on Ubuntu 14.04, but the closest tutorial I could find was:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-install-php-7-on-debian/
    So I followed the steps, mostly without issue until Chapter 3 - create the init.d script
    It seems that Ubuntu 14.04 does not use either init.d or system.d, but rather Upstart, so I ran (and received the messages):
    Code:
    root@server1:/usr/local/src/php7-build/php-7.1.2# /usr/lib/insserv/insserv php-7.1-fpm
    The script you are attempting to invoke has been converted to an Upstart
    job, but lsb-header is not supported for Upstart jobs.
    insserv: warning: script 'cron' missing LSB tags and overrides
    insserv: Default-Start undefined, assuming empty start runlevel(s) for script `cron'
    insserv: Default-Stop  undefined, assuming empty stop  runlevel(s) for script `cron'
    The script you are attempting to invoke has been converted to an Upstart
    job, but lsb-header is not supported for Upstart jobs.
    insserv: warning: script 'friendly-recovery' missing LSB tags and overrides
    insserv: Default-Start undefined, assuming empty start runlevel(s) for script `friendly-recovery'
    insserv: Default-Stop  undefined, assuming empty stop  runlevel(s) for script `friendly-recovery'

will PHP 7 run on the next restart?
    THX

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess it should start on next boot. But you won't know for sure without trying it :)

unsichtbare likes this.
  3. concept21

concept21 Active Member

Migrate to Ubuntu 16.04 with php 7.0. My ISPConfig 3.1.2 is on it. Very fast! :cool:

4. unsichtbare

unsichtbare Member HowtoForge Supporter

Works great!

5. chico11mbit

chico11mbit Member

6. chico11mbit

chico11mbit Member

and is
    Code:
    apt-get install libfcgi-dev libfcgi0ldbl libjpeg62-turbo-dbg libmcrypt-dev libssl-dev libc-client2007e libc-client2007e-dev libxml2-dev libbz2-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libjpeg-dev libpng12-dev libfreetype6-dev libkrb5-dev libpq-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev
    the same on ubuntu 14.04 ?

7. till

8. till

Try it, then you see it.