PHP 7.4 on Ubuntu 16.04LTS ISConfig

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by unsichtbare, Mar 17, 2020.

1. unsichtbare

unsichtbare Member HowtoForge Supporter

I used this guide for Debian to add PHP 7.1 to my Ubuntu 16.04LTS - eventually I got it done, though not without many failures and false starts.
    What I was wondering is it possible or are there any pointers to adding PHP7.4?
    All advise appreciated.
    THX

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

unsichtbare likes this.
  3. unsichtbare

Thanks Taleman! I'll try to get to it soon, as soon as I can!

4. unsichtbare

No luck. After interpreting/following the instructions for PHP 7.X on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and attempting to add the PHP version in ISPconfig,
    the red circle chowing incomplete tasks never goes away and ISPconfig is broken on reboot
    Code:
    root@webserver:/etc/apt# add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php
    root@cloud001-webserver:/etc/apt# apt install php7.4
    root@webserver:/opt# apt-get install php php-cli php-cgi php-fpm
    root@webserver:/opt# apt-get install php-memcache php-memcached

What am I missing:

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please read the whole guide until the end, you missed the steps to change back the default PHP version of the operating system. And you probably want to add some more PHP modules like php7.4-mysql and others, depending on what your websites require.

6. unsichtbare

Since the "9 Install other extensions (optional)" is effectively blank, can you point me at a list of installable modules form which to install? The server was originally built with a "Perfect Server 16.04" tutorial?

THX!

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You should install the ones that your CMS systems require. So it depends on the CMS that you want to use. For some commonly used modules, see Ubuntu 18.04 perfect server guide. Just change 7.2 to 7.4 in the package names.