php cannot see mysql

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by shajazzi, Apr 3, 2006.

1. shajazzi

shajazzi Member

I had to replace my Maxtor hard drive because it started to sound like an old cement mixer.
    I installed Suse 9.3 and Ispconfig and all went well.
    I created a site in ispconfig and loaded up a mambo installer.
    Then I pulled up the installation page http://www.test.com/installation/index.php and noticed that mysql support was Unavailable but continued with the install anyway.
    Clicked next to view the license and then next again and came to the MYSQL database configuration. Then filled in all the relevant spaces. After I clicked on next I end up at a blank page.
    Any Ideas.
    shajazzi

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please create a page info.php with the content:

<?
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Put it in your website and check in a browser if mysql is enabled in your php installation.

3. shajazzi

shajazzi Member

Thanks till.
    Yes i have done that and the page come up OK, but i cannot find any reference to MYSQL on it. I can also pull up an html page OK.

shajazzi

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must install the PHP-MySQL package for your distribution and add the mysql.so extension in your php.ini and restart Apache afterwards.

5. shajazzi

shajazzi Member

OK I installed PHP-MYSQL for suse 9.3 and checked php.ini and the mysql.so extension was already there .I then restarted mysql and i am still in the same situation.

shajazzi

6. falko

Was it the correct php.ini (the one displayed by phpinfo())?
    Is the line
    Code:
    extension=mysql.so
    active or commented out?
    Did you restart Apache?

7. shajazzi

shajazzi Member

The configuration file (php.ini) path in info.php is etc/php5/apache2/php.ini.
    This is where i have put another extension=mysql.so and this is the only extention in this file. In the etc/php.ini there are 36 extensions all are uncommented. In the info.php I now have a section headed mysqli but NO mysql.
    I have restarted mysql and apache.

shajazzi

8. falko

Can you post the extensions section of php.ini?

What's the output of
    Code:
    updatedb
    locate mysql.so
    ?