Php Conecting problems Multi Server Debian 8.8

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sijmenNL, Jan 1, 2018.

1. sijmenNL

sijmenNL New Member

Hi all

got o strange thing i am setting up a multiserver web is running fine but now i want to add mail db ns1 and ns2

so everything goes wel until i want to setup ispconfig mysql to masterserver

Code:
    Select language (en,de) [en]: <-- en
    Installation mode (standard,expert) [standard]: <-- expert
    Full qualified hostname (FQDN) of the server, eg server1.domain.tld [mail.example.tld]: <-- mail.example.tld
    MySQL server hostname [localhost]: <-- localhost
    MySQL root username [root]: <-- root
    MySQL root password []: <-- Enter your MySQL root password here
    MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]: <-- dbispconfig
    MySQL charset [utf8]: <-- utf8
    Shall this server join an existing ISPConfig multiserver setup (y,n) [n]: <-- y
    MySQL master server hostname []: <-- web.example.tld
    MySQL master server root username [root]: <-- root
    MySQL master server root password []: <-- Enter the root password of the master server here
    MySQL master server database name [dbispconfig]: <-- dbispconfig
    Unable to connect to the specified MySQL server Access denied for user 'root'@'sql.domain.tld' (using password: YES)
    (i have changed the sql.domain.tld) my firewall is also not blocking if i put no password in it it works i now 100% the password is correct

ps i follow the ISPConfig 3.1 Manual - Multiserver dedicated servers (Virtual ESXI)

Who can help me

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Go to the command line on the Master server, and try mysql command on the command line with those usernames and passwords. This is to verify the user can access the database.
    Then check the access rights You assigned to the dbispconfig database, compare the settings You have to those specified in the manual.

3. sijmenNL

sijmenNL New Member

Ok i wil try that

4. sijmenNL

sijmenNL New Member

so i did this in my ssh command line
    Code:
    mysql -u root -p
    show all users
    Code:
    select user,host from mysql.user;
    than to show the password
    Code:
    show grants for 'root'@'db.exampel.tld';
    and i get a password that i did not add to the sql command line so Mysql makes his own password :confused::confused: no wonder that it cant connect

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  5. sijmenNL

sijmenNL New Member

Still no luck with te password i made or the password from mysql password lookup

6. sijmenNL

sijmenNL New Member

i think i fixt it

whit the install manual it says
    must this not be the the password from the db server in place of the web mysql server becouse it now works

becouse you add the user db to it whit this command by the web install
    Code:
    Open http://192.168.0.105/phpmyadmin in a web browser, log in as MySQL root user and execute these MySQL queries:

CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.0.106' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.0.106' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.0.107' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.0.107' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.0.108' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.0.108' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.0.109' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.0.109' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

CREATE USER 'root'@'mail.example.tld' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'mail.example.tld' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

CREATE USER 'root'@'db.example.tld' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'db.example.tld' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

CREATE USER 'root'@'ns1.example.tld' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'ns1.example.tld' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

CREATE USER 'root'@'ns2.example.tld' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'ns2.example.tld' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is the mysql root password of the master server. The master server is the one that runs the ISPconfig interface and this server is the web server in the tutorial. Using a slave server like the database slave system (IP 192.168.1.107) will cause the whole setup to fail.

These commands are run in the mysql DB of the master server and not on the slave database server. IP
    192.168.0.105 is the IP of the master server in the instructions from ISPConfig manual.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018