php cross-site

Discussion in 'General' started by jsjosiah, Jan 27, 2017.

1. jsjosiah

jsjosiah New Member

Hello,
    How can i make 1 website (a web builder) to be able to access all websites on my server. To that i can create files on there website.
    Thx for the help

2. jsjosiah

jsjosiah New Member

I have made a soft link to the web folder it may edit. and added the site user to the root user group for testing. But i cannot access the folders.
    someone an idea how to fix it?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Each website runs under it's own Linux user, so no user except of root can access all sites. This is important for security. If your website building software supports FTP, then create an FTP account for each site in it.

4. jsjosiah

jsjosiah New Member

Hello, ftp is not an option. I understand that this is important for security. But there must be a way to make an exception.
    Can i add a 2de user to all files?

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Unless this service is exclusively to be used with this website builder and not a general shared webhosting setup, I'd sure hate to forfeit all cross-website security for this. See what all your website builder can do to publish - maybe you could have it publish to a directory structure like /var/www/builder/{domain}/ which it can freely write to, so each website is in a separate folder. Then I'd either look at using bind mounts from eg. /var/www/domain1.com/web/ to /var/www/builder/domain1.com/ to re-map the user/group id, or maybe have a script (eg. cronjob or even write a little tool which uses inotify) which picks up on changes published under /var/www/builder/*/ and copies them into /var/www/*/ and sets the right user/group.

6. jsjosiah

jsjosiah New Member

Thx, but this a "public" server. so to forfeit all cross-website security is not a option.
    But I may have the solution in apache Alias.
    How can i make ISPconfig create the Alias for all websites?

7. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Something like:
    Code:
    Alias /builder/ /opt/sitebuilder/
    put in a global config file (not in a specific vhost), eg. on debian 8 put it in /etc/apache2/conf-available/builder.conf then run 'a2enconf builder'.