PHP-FPM socket directory in Ispconfig 3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lnxgs, Oct 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lnxgs

lnxgs Member

Hello,
    I noticed that last versions of Ispconfig 3 have a new setting in "Additional PHP Versions" then "PHP-FPM Setting" a new setting is available:
    "PHP-FPM socket directory", what should I put here?
    Regards,
    L.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can leave it empty, in this case, it will work as before by using the system socket directory for all PHP versions.

3. dharman

dharman New Member

This will be mandatory in case you wish to use socket connection instead TCP connection. IF so and you leave it empty, then the used sockets path will be related to the default php version and the website will be actually unusable.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Both claims you made are wrong. The field is optional when using sockets and PHP via sockets works fine when it is left empty. The only difference this field makes is that when you enter a path there, then this is used as socket directory instead of the default one, this has no influence on wether sockets get used or not. I recommend leaving the field empty when you want to use sockets in PHP as it simplifies the setup so causing fewer issues. ISPConfig uses a central socket directory since the beginning, and it works fine for more than 15 years like this.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
    ahrasis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.