PHP.ini location

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jhewit, Nov 27, 2013.

1. jhewit

jhewit New Member

I'm getting the following error in Wordpress:
    The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

Didn't have this issue when I was on VPS so it's definitely related to the php configuration. Went into /etc/php.ini and changed the upload_max_filesize variable. But it had no affect, is there a php.ini file for each website or something else that may affect this?

2. jhewit

jhewit New Member

Just ran a phpinfo file to see what it pulled as a webpage it shows the upload_max_filesize as 15M, but when I look at /etc/php.ini its set at 64M. So definitely something is overriding or causing an issue here. But even then doesn't explain why Wordpress won't accept it as the file is only 29K... Any help is greatly appreciated.

3. jhewit

jhewit New Member

Ok so switched the site from mod_php back to fastcgi for PHP, and now I'm getting this error "The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/2013/04."

4. jhewit

jhewit New Member

Permissions issue fixed it. But I'm still curious why Mod_PHP was acting like it was.

5. jpcyrenne

jpcyrenne Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good day,

I ran into a similar problem with a Magento install a month ago. I got to override the php configs in a .htaccess in the web root folder (PHP-FPM / CentOS and Apache setup). Try putting your value at the top of the file. I'm sure there's a .htaccess within the Wordpress root folder.

For your upload problem, are you sure you can write to the upload folder? Funny it would want to write to a 2013/04 April folder since we are November.
    (ie: wp-content/uploads/2013/04). I believe I had to chmod 775 the folder.

Note: You could test your folders with 777 (quickly), but never leave it in production. If a plug-in only works with a 777, change the plug-in! User and Group can write, you should never let the world upload and run scripts

Hope it helps and I can return a past favour!

JP

6. jhewit

jhewit New Member

Thanks for the assist, that's exactly what it was.