PHP MAIL/Sendmail not going through

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by uniacid, Dec 12, 2007.

1. uniacid

uniacid New Member

This is beginning to annoy the hell out of me, I've been trying to resolve this issue for hours now.

On this domain I setup I am using an external mailserver since my mail server is dedicated and separate, I used a similar setup for another domain and that works but for whatever reason this new domain I am working on doesn't send mail at all.

Using a basic php mail test I get a 500 internal server error
    I checked to make sure that the domain and co-domain are both using the external mail server option, I also checked the local-host-names config file for sendmail to make sure the domain isn't present.

Here are the maillog contents when I try my test:

As you can see above it seems like for whatever reason it's trying to send it locally to itself when I use this domain which shouldn't be happening and I don't see how it is....

Any ideas anyone?

TIA.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please make sure that the domain is not listed in the postfix main.cf file.

3. uniacid

uniacid New Member

Till,

FYI I am just using sendmail on this server, I didn't setup postfix on here as i didn't need it. I checked the sendmail.cf and .mc files and I don't have this domain set as the master domain in any of those files.

4. uniacid

uniacid New Member

Well I just created another domain and I am still having the same issue, seems like for whatever reason it's trying to route mail internally even though I've set it to use an external mail server and I've checked my sendmail config files to make sure that the domain wasn't listed as a local domain also.

Anyone have any ideas?

5. uniacid

uniacid New Member

I guess no one here responds :X

Just to make myself clear, I am using Centos 5 (followed howtoforge perfect server setup) Using sendmail instead of postfix. I've checked the config files (local-host-names) and they are not holding the domains that I am getting these errors on and I've also made sure that both the domain and co-domain are set to use an external mail server.

If someone could help explain why this is happening it would be much appreciated because so far I am lost as I've checked everything I could think of.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I'm not a Sendmail expert. I think it would be easier to help if you were using Postfix (which is a lot easier to manage than Sendmail).