php-nuke installer... how to do it?

Discussion in 'General' started by danf.1979, Dec 19, 2005.

1. danf.1979

danf.1979 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I wanto to do an installer for php-nuke. ¿What would be the best way to accomplish this? ¿Using the form designer? ¿Are there any manuals I could look at? The designer only allows php scripts or can I program a python script also?
    Many thanks for your help

2. webstergd

webstergd ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I personally think php-nuke has started to fall behind the curve. Might want to take a look at joomla, xoops, drupal, or many of the other really nice cms's available. If i am correct falko even has made one.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, but I've never published it. It was made for a few of my customers, but I'm now working with Typo3 - it has a large community and therefore lots of features that my CMS has not...

4. danf.1979

But I think it would be very similar to install php-nuke or any other CMS would it?
    I was thinking in the form designer, but I dont know about that. Are there any manuals about form designer out there?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Do you mean Typo3? Yes, I think so, though I've never installed php-nuke.

The form designer was created by Till. I don't think there's a manual out there as the form designer is meant primarily for the developers of ISPConfig...

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is currently no manual for the form designer.

The ISPConfig form designer is mostly for writing dabase driven forms to store information in the database. I think it is not suitable for an installer. Maybe you shall have a look on the ispconfig update installer. You may extend it to support installations to website directories so even custom installations of the phpmyadmin and webmail package might be possible.

A short documentation on the installer file format can be found here.

http://www.howtoforge.com/wiki/index.php/Building_Packages_(.pkg_files)

7. danf.1979

But the update installer cannot be used by "clients"... I was thinking about adding something in the "tools" section, but I dont know what files should I begin th study. How is the tree menu created? where can I find that... and how does it read the tools available?
    Thanks......

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I know that. But you might extend it so that the update installer can be used by clients too, as the update packages conatain a {ROOT} variable. This variable is normally set to the ome of the adm42go user. But if it will be set to the root of the client website, the installer might be used for this too.

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/inhalt_tree.php

(inhalt is the german word for content, so thefilename means content_tree :)

Every tool is a subdirectory of:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/tools/

Each of these subdirectories contains a nav.inc.php file, which contains the code for the tree menu items of this tool. The best way to learn more about programing ISPConfig tools is, to have a look at the tools sources. They are not very complicated. The simplest is the "version" tool for showing the current version number.

Maybe you consider to join the ispconfig development team, then we can discuss these things in the devel forums.

9. danf.1979

OK, consider me in then. Thanks.