PHP scripts don't work, please help.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by CombatGod, May 6, 2006.

1. CombatGod

CombatGod New Member

So I checked PHP Scripts and I still can't get PHP to work.

I installed ISPConfig on Ubuntu with no errors.

I have the following running:
    Shell Access, CGI Scripts, Standard SCGIs, PHP Scripts, PHP Safe Mode (tried it on and off), FTP Access, MySQL.

Is there any way I can check if PHP programs are running? Everything seems ok but it doesn't run PHP. You can take a look yourself:

http://feraserver.dynalias.com/www.wowtestguild.com/phptmp/info.php

All it does is show file as text :(

2. FryShadow

FryShadow New Member

that's mean your php not realy installed.
    is your apache have set to load the php module ?

3. CombatGod

CombatGod New Member

I know Apache is all set up.

Whether or not it is loading the PHP module I do not know. How can I check?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Why do you use http://feraserver.dynalias.com/www.wowtestguild.com/phptmp/info.php ? Shouldn't you use www.wowtestguild.com/phptmp/info.php instead?

PHP is disabled globally on the server, and when you use http://feraserver.dynalias.com/www.wowtestguild.com/phptmp/info.php you use the server's default page in which PHP is disabled. According to what you posted PHP is enabled for your virtual host www.wowtestguild.com so if you just use www.wowtestguild.com/phptmp/info.php instead it should work.

5. CombatGod

CombatGod New Member

Try www.wowtestguild.com/phptmp/info.php it doesn't work.

I use dynamic DNS for the server. So I'm not sure if I can even make a DNS address create a DNS entry for www.wowtestguild.com. I have tried and I can't get it to work. I have to register with a DNS server and forward the domain.

Unless I am doing something wrong.

6. falko

ISPConfig uses name-based vhosts, so you must use www.wowtestguild.com to access that web site and nothing else. Please point the DNS record to your public IP address - don't use forwards, that doesn't work.

7. CombatGod

CombatGod New Member

What IP address should I use if I use a Dymanic DNS service?

I guess I'm confused as to what I should do using a Dynamic DNS service.

What I have been doing is accessing the server through my dynamicly assigned address server.dynamicdns.com then using a DNS service and forward all my domains.

So what I do is for example I want www.myserver.com I set up the website then set up the DNS to point to server.dynamicdns.com/www.myserver.com/web

I do not know any other way of doing this using Dynamic DNS.

If I am missing something please let me know.

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  8. falko

You must let your domain point to your public IP address. Unfortunately, it's a dynamic one, but I think that DynDNS.org has solutions for this. Just check out their web site.

9. CombatGod

CombatGod New Member

I checked and all they can do is assign an address to a dynamic IP. That's is :(

10. falko

Last edited: May 11, 2006