PHP settings in system/server config/web/ + FastCGI

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by elmacus, Nov 16, 2017.

1. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

Hi.
    After upgrade to Debian Stretch, PHP7 has replaced PHP5, but PHP5 + PHP5-FPM is still installed and in use.
    I used this guide: https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...-9-stretch-apache-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-1/
    But in ispconfig system/server config/web/PHP settings its still refering to PHP5.
    Do we need to change that manually ?
    Im trying to change /etc/php5/ to /etc/php/7.0/ (and in system/server config/FastCGI, FastCGI config syntax is still only Apache 2.2)
    To get PHP7-FPM to work, i have changed port from 9010 to 9009.
    PHP open_basedir still has path to: /usr/share/php5 and /usr/share/php, is that ok ?
    Are there any official tutorials for upgrade ?
    And there are some other sites, webmail https phpmyadmin etc, that still runs PHP5. Do i have to manually change in Apache2 vhost for thoose ?

2. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

Ok changing default web services for phpmyadmin and Roundcube was simple:
    a2dismod php5
    a2enmod php7.0
    systemctl restart apache2

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes. an ISPConfig update does not alter these settings. Please change the paths that you find there to their new counterparts for PHP 7. Thes settings get applied when a new website gets created or when you change the PHP mode of a site, so you might have to edit the site where you want to switch PHP to php 7.

4. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

I guess i can now uninstall php5-fpm ? and instead use normal port 9010 ?
    Well, i might run apt purge php5* ?? Or does ISPconfig still use PHP5 ?
    @till

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  5. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig (latest version) can run on PHP 7 (not 7.1 though). If your sites are all working on PHP 7 correctly and you altered the ispconfig.vhost file for apache to use the new PHP version you should first stop PHP5-fpm to check if something's gone dead. If all is still working then remove PHP5 if you don't need it anymore.

elmacus likes this.