php upload files have 600 instead of 644 after update to 3.1.13

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by wwweiss, Aug 28, 2018.

1. wwweiss

wwweiss Member HowtoForge Supporter

2 Days ago I updated my ispconfig to 3.1.13 (from 3.1.11). Now serveral customers complain that fileuploads with php are set to 600 instead of 644. Nothing else was changed on the server - only the update of ispconfig. It seems that the update changed this for the whole server.
    I cannot find where to set this parameter - can anybody help me?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I doubt that this is related to the ISPConfig update, it's probably just a timely coincident. e.g. a change that you made earlier which got active now when ISPConfig restarted the services as part of the update. An ISPConfig Update does not touch the config of existing sites at all and besides that, ISPConfig does not set the umask for uploaded files.

3. till

Which PHP mode do you use in these sites?

4. till

You can e.g. check if you have a wrong umask in /etc/apache2/envvars

5. wwweiss

Ok, I understand, you think there were some changes maybe weeks ago that came to top because of restarting the services.
    Most of my websites use fast-cgi. in envvars there is no setting for umask. Any other idea where this could be set?

6. till

Check the fcgi starter scripts which are in sub folders of /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/ to see if they contain umask settings. The fcgi starter script files in the web[ID] folders are hidden, so use 'ls -la' to view them.

7. wwweiss

I already checked these files before my post - nothing in there. As a quick solution I will make an entry into those files where customers got the problems. I am not quite sure about the syntax: is it just "umask 0022" ?
    Will these files be overwritten by ISPconfig if I make any update to the website?

8. wwweiss

I just made one more test with a very simple upload and everything was ok though I did not change anything. I think there is another problem which is not related in any way to ISPConfig.
    Thank you Till for your great support. Still learned somethin more about a very good admin-Panel :)

till likes this.