PHP Versions?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by NeoNomad, Mar 10, 2023.

1. NeoNomad

NeoNomad New Member

Hey,

i'm currently planning to install ISPConfig and migrate my plesk to it. Planned is to setup a server with everything except dns. Cause i plan to setup 2 additional nameservers for dns. As i know ISPConfig that should work flawless, hm?

So i'm preparing the servers and just asking myself...Is there already a newer version of php available than 8.0? Cause its already has only 8 months of security support, but main support already EOL.

Best regards

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig itself uses the PHP version that ships with the Linux distribution that you have chosen, and the Linux distributions Like Debian and Ubuntu patch these versions for security issues until the Linux Distribution reaches EOL and not PHP, reaches EOL. So the EOL date set by Zend does not matter unless you compile PHP manually yourself. The main PHP version of the OS gets upgraded when you upgrade the OS and normal updates and security patches are applied by doing normal OS updates,

Besides that, you can use newer and older PHP versions up to PHP 8.2 and they get installed automatically when using the auto installer on debian and Ubuntu.

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

This could be done with one ISPConfig "eco" system as well. You don't need them to be on separated system. And it is easier to maintain this way.