phpMyAdmin 2.11.5.1 package available for ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by Hans, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

On 29-3-2008 phpMyAdmin version 2.11.5.1 has been released, so i've created an updated phpMyAdmin package for ISPConfig again. The package is based on version 2.11.5.1, which is a security fix. For release information have a look here.

For security reasons, I also added the following to the configuration file called config.inc.php, so that some databases will be hidden:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['hide_db'] = '(information_schema|mysql|pmadb|test)';

Update instructions:
    Remove the old phpMyAdmin version first before you install this new package on your ISPConfig server!
    You can do this with the following commands:
    rm -r /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/phpmyadmin
    rm /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/phpmyadmin.tar.gz
    rm -r /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/tools/phpmyadmin

The package can be downloaded here.

The new phpMyAdmin package can be installed with the update manager within ISPConfig. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  2. xrat

xrat Member

Worked like charm as ever. Thank you very much for keeping the package up-to-date!

3. daveb

daveb Member

Security related question? Would it be in the intrest of security to remove root login via phpadmin.pkg. I know some might not like the idea but in a live enviroment as I am sure most all ISPConfig users use I hope they dont allow any sort of direct root login. Just a thought! Any way Hanns Thank you very much for maintaining this pkg for all us users.