phpMyAdmin and pure-ftpd operation question

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by RKB, Nov 26, 2010.

1. RKB

RKB New Member

Hi,
    I have phpMyAdmin and pure-ftpd installed on the server. I manage the server from a Win 7 desktop on the network. I am using SuSe 11.3 ans ISPConfig3

Firstly, once the domain name is resolved should http://mydomain.com.au/phpmyadmin run phpmyadmin ?

Dito for pure-ftpd

Or will I have to run them from the server.

Is there a way to add 'Run' links from inside ISPConfig3

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If you've installed phpMyAdmin in that web site, then yes.

For FTP you need an FTP client such as FileZilla on your client computer.

3. RKB

RKB New Member

So I have this absolutely clear, will I have to install phpMyAdmin onto every website on the server. ?

Thanks for this info, I am already running an ftp client, I thought I was missing something with this pure-ftpd.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Normally it is enough to install it only once (e.g. in your own web site) and give your customers the URL.

5. RKB

RKB New Member

[Resolved]

Thanks for info, I spent the day yesterday reading the ISPConfig3 Manual again and many forums and implementing the suggestions, none worked. l then decided instead of installing phpmyadmin in the 'root' dir area, to create a phpmyadmin directory on the servers host website, into which I installed phpmyadmin and it works fine. Thanks for your Help.

I believe I now only have two outstanding issues to resolve now, I will post assistance requests elsewhere other than this post.

They are receiving eMail and working out why the index.html and .htaccess can not be over written in the new a Website that ISPConfig3 creates when a new site is generated.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010