phpmyAdmin doesn't have Import option

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Nap, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Nap

Nap Member

Hi,

I've installed my Debian Sarge LAMP server according to Falko's perfect setup guide for Sarge, and have also installed ISPConfig (and the phpmyadmin package). Whilst I haven't tested every function on the machine, the ones I need have been and are working.

When I enter phpmyadmin from the ISPConfig link, I get the usual interface. However there is no IMPORT option in the list. Can someone please explain what I would need to do to enable it? Is it a limitation of the versions installed (phpMyAdmin, php4, and/or MySql)?

Cheers,
    Nap

2. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hmm I did not really see that before with the standard config on any system. But maybe phpMyAdmin checks whether file_uploads are activated in php.ini, so maybe you just check that setting in your php.ini (and if you change it restart the webserver).

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Go to the SQL tab, then you will be able to import files. The Import tab occured in phpmyadmin in later versions and is not available in the version that comes with ISPConfig.

4. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

@Till,

is there a plan to update phpmyadmin package provided by ISPConfig?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Generally yes, but its always a question of time :) Maybe someone else might try to create a updated .pkg file?