Phpmyadmin & ISPCONFIG3 Issue

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Sir Jake, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Sir Jake

Sir Jake New Member

[Resolved] Phpmyadmin & ISPCONFIG3 Issue

I followed the Ubuntu 10.10 perfect server guide. The issue I'm having is getting phpmyadmin working, I've been stuck on this for the last few days and after hours of searching google I thought I'd make a post here asking for some help.

When I go to my website link xx.xx.xx.xx/phpmyadmin I get nothing.
    "Not Found
    The requested URL /phpmyadmin was not found on this server."

From inside of ispconfig the link looks like this "http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8080/sites/database_phpmyadmin.php?id=1"
    Any help for this would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. germinator

germinator New Member

do you have a symlink or apache directory linking the phpmyadmin alias to your acctual phpmyadmin directory ?

3. Sir Jake

Sir Jake New Member

I can't seem to find any links to phpmyadmin, looking in the www folder I see nothing and same as in the clients sections I can't find any symbolic links :(

Used this to install everything.
    "http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-10.10-maverick-meerkat-ispconfig-3-p4"

Everything else seems to be working fine just the database part for some reason.

4. germinator

germinator New Member

you cant find any symlink since there is none for phpmyadmin to be created in the tutorial ...
    you have probably created one for sqiurrelmail .. simply do
    Code:
    ln -s /usr/share/phpmyadmin/ /var/www/phpmyadmin
    and a simlink is created ..
    however if you want all websites created in your ispconfig system to have the alias, then you have to add an apache directory ..
    to do that go to /etc/apache2/conf.d and create a new file called phpmyadmin by running the command
    Code:
    touch phpmyadmin
    then edit the file and set the settings for your apache directory.. this example should probably work
    Code:
    Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin
    <Directory /usr/share/phpmyadmin>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>

hope this could help

5. Sir Jake

Sir Jake New Member

Thank you very much, this helped a lot!!
    Now I've got everything moved to one of my new servers and its working great.
    Hope this is able to help others with the same issue.

6. germinator

germinator New Member

always happy to help :D