PHPMyAdmin not working on fresh installation ISPConfig 3.1

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by koo27, Jul 11, 2016.

1. koo27

koo27 New Member

Hello,
    I just installed ISPConfig 3.1 on Ubuntu server 16.04 (on a virtual machine created on bitzspark's microsoft azure) following the "Perfect Server Ubuntu 16.04 with apache php mysql pureftpd bind postfix doveot and ispconfig" guide of howtoforge (I can't paste the link due to reputation lack) and everything seems to went fine, I followed all the steps and each of them succeded without errors.

(I also installed ISPConfig 3.0.5.4 one year ago on a Ubuntu server 14.04 and it currently working fine yet)

The problem I am facing is related to phpmyadmin. If I try to connect to https:/myip:8080/phpmyadmin the script is not executed and it shows up all the code
    ( starting with..
    PHP:
    <?php
    /* vim: set expandtab sw=4 ts=4 sts=4: */
    /**
    * Main loader script
    * @package PhpMyAdmin
    */

/**
    * Gets some core libraries and displays a top message if required
    */
    require_once 'libraries/common.inc.php';
    )
    On my other machine (with ispconfig 3.0.* ) the url was like this one , so on port 8080 and it's working fine.

If instead I connect to http:/myip/phpmyadmin , the phpmyadmin page comes out correctly, but I am unable to access whatever username and password I try. In fact I created a new user, site , ftp access, db etc on ispconfig and the site is working fine, but if I try to access phpmyadmin with the new credentials , it always says that are wrong. That the password is wrong for that user.

(Actually I'm having other problems to connect to the ftp too, filezilla stucks on MLSD command, but I guess this problem is related to the server I'm working on . Maybe I'll open a new thread for that , but if you have some hint I'd really appreciate )

Where did I go wrong ? How can I solve the issue ?

Thank you in advance for your help

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The URL to access phpmyadmin is http://yourserver/phpmyadmin and not port 8080, port 8080 is ispconfig only and you can not use that port to access phpmyadmin. You have to set the phpmyadmin URL in ISPConfig under System > Interface config.

Did you use the full username incl prefix to connect with phpmyadmin?

Thats a firewall problem (passive ports).

3. koo27

koo27 New Member

1. Yes I set the URL in ISPConfig . Actually I left as default and it is phpmyadmin. (in fact the link is working, the page at myip/phpmyadmin shows up correctly)
    2. Yes I use the full username incl prefix as I always do with the other 'old' installation
    3. The firewall problem is related to the virtual machine right ? I opened the port 21, but I guess it is not enough.

4. brody182

brody182 Member

5. Kojo Unsui

Kojo Unsui New Member

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And the link is freely configurable under System > Interface config, so you can set it to the value that is correct for your OS + webserver combination there.