phpMyAdmin open_basedir

Discussion in 'General' started by oilyflutesalad, Jan 1, 2010.

1. oilyflutesalad

oilyflutesalad New Member

open_basedir restrictions in effect

If I access phpMyAdmin over the LAN (http://192.168.1.222/phpmyadmin) it will work fine, but when I go to http://halfbakedhosting.co.uk/phpmyadmin I get the following errors:
    Code:
    Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/phpmyadmin/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web3/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web3/tmp:/usr/share/php5) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/usr/share/phpmyadmin/index.php' (include_path='.') in Unknown on line 0

I have the latest version of ISPConfig 3 installed on Ubuntu Server 9.10, and open_basedir restrictions are NOT set in the main php.ini (in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini) so what's the problem?

It seems whoever created the php installer for Ubuntu/Debian distributions has never used it before, there are so many settings that screw around with everything... CentOS came with a php.ini for production not development and that worked fine, why the heck is Ubuntu server so crap...

EDIT! It's not just phpMyAdmin. Now that I've updated my script with the correct database login info, I'm getting open_basedir errors on that too. Where can I go to turn off any open_basedir and include_path settings once and for all? I wanted to start my own server so I'm NOT restricted to what I do, and it seems I've only ended up with even more restrictions. As I said, the main php.ini is not setting open_basedir, so what else is?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  2. oilyflutesalad

Never mind, found the .vhost files to edit. All I gotta do now is make sure ISPConfig doesn't screw me around and add the open_basedir for every domain I add... I don't want it set automatically. If I wanted open_basedir settings, I'd add them myself.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Edit the vhost and fcgi starter script templates.

4. oilyflutesalad

Would I be right in assuming that those templates will be somewhere in the ISPConfig directory, or should I be aiming towards somewhere else like the Apache directories?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/

6. oilyflutesalad

Thanks, I'll keep a note of it in case I ever need to reinstall