Phpmyadmin problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by shoevring, Feb 19, 2010.

1. shoevring

shoevring New Member

Hello everyone..

I just installed Ispconfig3 with guide > http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-lenny-ispconfig3-p5

But my phpmyadmin does not work..

Then i try to navigate to phpmyadmin from Database icon, the site isn't where..

I have tryed to install phpmyadmin again, but it says the package is installed..

Hope there are any one with the skillz i need.. thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely there is a wrong hostname set in the ispconfig server settings then. Can you access phpmyadmin trogh the IP address?

3. shoevring

shoevring New Member

Thanks for your reply, no i can't access the phpmyadmin on my ip..

xx.xx.xx.xx/phpmyadmin right?

The phpmyadmin is in /etc but not in /var, so.. i think it should be where?

4. shoevring

shoevring New Member

And it is in: /usr/share/phpmyadmin/

5. shoevring

shoevring New Member

Thanks for the help, i got it to work..

I copy the phpmyadmin folder from /usr/share/phpmyadmin to /var/www/phpmyadmin and it works!

6. insideoutsolutions

insideoutsolutions New Member

Problem fixed by running hostname, hostname -f

I don't know why, but running hostname and hostname -f commands fixed the problem. Weird.

7. dolmax

dolmax New Member

phpMyAdmin case

Sorry for a late response.

During the Perfect Server installation, I have checked phpmyadmin and realized that it worked as is. But right after I installed ISPconfig 3, I started getting 403 errors when trying to connect to phpmyadmin page.

I have checked everywhere, even read through this message. Then looking at the Apache configurations, I have realized that there was a lower-upper case problem for phpmyadmin.

The actual name of the folder is /usr/share/phpMyAdmin, while the /etc/httpd/conf/sites_available/ispconfig.conf file reflects /usr/share/phpmyadmin (all lower case. I have corrected the name and restarted Apache. Ta daaa.

There are some parts of the installation that are neglected or forgotten. I have noticed a couple of them during installation. I'll list them here, so that the original document might be updated accordingly.