phpMyAdmin SQL login not working

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jhonatandiazp, Jan 25, 2022.

1. jhonatandiazp

jhonatandiazp Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello all,
    I am new to the ISPConfig. I setup multiserver installation. I added a domain, website etc. Everything looks go. I created a database user. then I create a database for the site. When I try to login to the database using the already created account does not work. I get this error:
    mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'myusername'@'localhost' (using password: YES).

I do not understand what could be the proble.

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

is the username correct (incl. prefix like c1myuser")?
    If that's correct, then it might be that the root password on the MySQL target server is incorrect in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf so that ISPConfig was not able to create that user and database.
    And please note that a database user gets created at the time when you assign this database user to a database (create a database that uses this user as login user), it is not created at the time you create the database user.

3. jhonatandiazp

Thank you so much for the response.

I did check that. When I created an user and assign it to a database I can see the user created in the web server where I created the DB. I ran: SELECT User, Host, Password FROM mysql.user;. So user is been created successfully in the correct server and then I ran: SHOW GRANTS FOR 'username'@'localhost';I can see that the user is assigned and grant privileges to the correct databases. Also, to be able to login using root account, I have to add the password to this file. nano /etc/mysql/debian.cnf. So, if I want to login to PHPMYADmin there is not way to do it. It looks that something is off in the way how the credentials are been passed to the phpmyadmin.

4. till

There are no credentials passed to phpmyadmin. phpmyadmin shows you a login screen where you have to enter the username and password of a MySQL user that you want to login, then phpmyadmin connects to MySQL using PHP MySQL client library.

5. jhonatandiazp

Sorry I do not know much, I means that I cannot login to PHPMyAdmin. username and password is correct. I try differents username and password and same problem.

6. jhonatandiazp

When I try to login using root, I get this error:
    Failed to set session cookie. Maybe you are using HTTP instead of HTTPS to access phpMyAdmin.
    When I try using any username:
    mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'c4testpos'@'localhost' (using password: YES).
    Thanks

7. jhonatandiazp

I see option for remote access and remote IPs? Do I need to make any change there? I did not touch it yet.

8. till

phpmyadmin connects to the local database server by default. So if phpmyadmin is installed on the same server that you created the databases on, then it should be able to connect to them through localhost without the need to allow external IPs. If you created the database on a different server, then you'll have to configure phpmyadmin to connect to that system. So maybe you just try to connect with a MySQL user that does not exist on that system where phpmyadmin is installed on?

9. jhonatandiazp

I installed the ispconfig in multi servers environment. I have one panel server and 3 web servers. I created a client and website in web server 2. Also, I created a database in the same webserver two. everything should be working correctly.

10. jhonatandiazp

When I click next to the database (the three disk icon) in the panel, panel.domain.com:8080/phpmyadmin open.
    that is where I am trying to login with the correct credentials.

11. till

Ok, so you are logging into a phpmyadmin instance on a different server (panel server) and that's why it does not work. Login to ispconfig, go to System > Interface > main config, there you find a field to configure the phpmyadmin URL. there you have to enter either:

https://[SERVERNAME]/phpmyadmin/

or

http://[SERVERNAME]/phpmyadmin/

as phpmyadmin URL. Which one is correct depends on if your web servers have an http or https default vhost. [SERVERNAME] is a placeholder that gets replaced by ISPConfig, so do not replace it yourself in the URL.

12. jhonatandiazp

I think that I know what is the problem. So it looks that when you click on the new database for the website it open the phpmyadmin for the panel, non for the correct location of the database. So is the new database in on webserver 02 how I can access that phpmyadmin for that server?

13. jhonatandiazp

I did not see your response before. thank you. let me try.

14. jhonatandiazp

I see. how I can set SSL for the web server when I ipen phpmyadmin? I added https://[SERVERNAME]/phpmyadmin/ but I get the CERT error.
    Thanks