Phpmyadmin workaround fod Deb Lenny?

Discussion in 'General' started by crypted, Jun 9, 2010.

1. crypted

crypted Member

Installed a slew of updates with apt-get yesterday. One such update was for Mysql. After doing so, Phpymyadmin cannot connect whatsoever.

I put in the correct root password, and I get an error. I use the same password via SSH and can connect. Apparently, the old Phpymyadmin that Debian Lenny offers (2.x) is incompatible.

There's a new Phpmyadmin 3.x available that should work, but the Debian Lenny package is unstable.

Any thoughts on getting it working? I thought about getting the tarball; but if I do, I have no clue how to or where to replace the Phpymyadmin deb files so that it will still load as http://server/phpmyadmin/.

Thoughts?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Usually it's located in /usr/share/phpmyadmin. But you can remove the phpmyadmin symlink in your document root and create a directory called phpmyadmin and install phpMyAdmin in that directory.

3. crypted

crypted Member

Would your recommend installing Phpmyadmin from source tarballs? Or, should I wait until someone with Debian Lenny releases a stable package?

4. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

I use the Lenny standard phpMyAdmin release and it works fine. Version is 2.11.8.1.

(MySQL is Version 5.0.51a-24+lenny4)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  5. crypted

crypted Member

Yes, but a week ago some Mysql updates came out, did you install those? Every since I did that, I cannot access Phpmyadmin.

Package: phpmyadmin
    State: installed
    Automatically installed: no
    Version: 4:2.11.8.1-5+lenny4

6. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Yes. Everything is up to date. My PHP and Linux Kernel are ahead of the repositories though.

7. crypted

crypted Member

How insane is that. Well, I'm all up-to-date.

Okay as I was typing this, I decided to retry accessing. Yes, it loaded this time. Fascinating, nothing has been altered in configurations or passwords. Yet, it did not work for three days or so...

Magic.

8. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Ghosts in the machine. :eek::eek::eek:

9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, you can do that - I've never had problems with it.