please need help for postfix virtual users

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by obayda86, May 25, 2010.

1. obayda86

obayda86 New Member

Hi there,

I want to create virtual mail users for postfix using static db file(for users and passwords), but I couldn't find any site on the internet that explained that, so I wonder if some of you can help,

with best regards.

2. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

3. obayda86

obayda86 New Member

4. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

5. obayda86

obayda86 New Member

re:(

I will explain my problm again,
    instead of using mysql to store virtual users usernames and passwords, I want to create it depending on static external file, so please don't give me a link for postfix.org documentation because I have read it all and found no example about my case.

6. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

Ehm, i think you didn't, because that link shows you how you can create
    "Postfix virtual MAILBOX example: separate domains, non-UNIX accounts" that one describes static external file usage for vmailboxes and domain's .. not the user authentication, though it should've brought you half way there ..

only trying to help you dude .. it only took me 2-3 minutes on google to find a how-to that described exactly how to config postfix to use file based user / pass / email and with virtual maildir's .. though your attitude makes it hard for me to press CTRL-V now ..

7. obayda86

obayda86 New Member

Sorry Mark, please don't misunderstand me, I didn't want to misbehave, I know that you want to help me, and I'm very thankful for your efforts, but maybe because of that the English isn't my language that made you to misunderstand me, So please if you can help, please help.
    thanks again, and I'm sorry again.

8. PDXErik

PDXErik New Member

9. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

10. obayda86

obayda86 New Member

static

Hi Erik, when you type postconf -m you'll see the data base types supported by the postfix, and static is one of them.

[root@localhost etc]# postconf -m
    btree
    cidr
    environ
    hash
    ldap
    mysql
    nis
    proxy
    regexp
    static
    unix

11. rickhamic

rickhamic New Member

12. obayda86

obayda86 New Member

thanks Rick for the clarification you've sent me, but how about authnticate virtual users using postfix VDA without dovecot?